Saturday, March 20, 2010

sticktoitiveness - being organized and making lists

Sticktoitiveness. Some of us have more of that quality in us than others.

Author Debby Mayne is someone I know who obviously has a lot of Sticktoitiveness.
Debby, how do you do it?

Debby Mayne: I'm super organized, stubborn, and I don't get too rattled by distractions. I have a running to-do list that I break down by the week and day. Whatever is critical goes to the top of the list, no matter how long something else has been on there. Then I break the list down by the day. A little OCD, maybe? Each day, I have 6 to 8 items on the list. Yeah, definitely OCD. :-)

Most days, I get up early, before anyone or anything can start tugging at me. I often get more done before 8:00 AM than the rest of the day because there are fewer distractions.

My children are grown now, so my husband and I are empty-nesters. I don't have as many distractions as I used to have, but I still need to guard my time. I've gotten really good at saying "no."

Some things that others might find distracting I see as blessings. When people call just to chat, I'm honored they'd think of me when they need conversation. There are days I want more distractions because I tend to be obsessed with whatever I'm working on, and I need to be pulled away.

Wow, I wish I could be so organized as Debby! Debby, thank you so much!

Debby Mayne is the author of many great books. For more information on Debby Mayne you are invited to go to http://www.debbymayne.com

So here is my question/thought of the day. Obviously being organized helps with sticktoitiveness. If you're not as organized as Debby, even if you'll never be that organized, what can you do to get just a little more organized? One thing is sometimes all it takes.

1 comment:

  1. I used to be a list maker and sort of dropped that habit. I need to get back to it. I think I'd get more done as I like scratching things off a list. :-)

    ReplyDelete