Wednesday, February 3, 2010

More on comfort zones

Many of us roll along from day to day in the same patterns. Sometimes we feel like we're in a rut, but other days, that rut feels pretty comfortable, and we rename it to be a "routine".
Sometimes I wonder exactly what the difference is. Some days I groan about the same-old-same-old, but other days when I get shaken up I long to be back in my predicatable comfort zone.
Most days I grumble about the traffic. But today I got caught in the traffic jam when there was an accident on the bridge. That boring trip across the bridge that usually takes 3 minutes took half an hour today, and I was late for band practice. Yesterday the trip over the bridge was a rut. Today it was pure stress. I think tomorrow it will be a comfortable routine.
My thought of the day is, what do you do when you're stuck in traffic?
If someone has a dog, the dog goes for a nice walk.
Sometimes I see a person in the car next to me with the music up loud, singing and playing drums on the steering wheel. Yes, they look ridiculous, but... maybe I'm just jealous because they're having a better time than me.
Of course it would be different if I had my upright bass in the car.
Now wouldn't that be something to take out of the car in a traffic jam?

1 comment:

  1. One of the things I hate most in the world is getting stuck in traffic. We usually just sit there grumbling and wondering what the holdup is. I have crochet with me so I do that.

    ReplyDelete