Wednesday, February 10, 2010

comfortable as a band geek

Recently I was called a geek, and while I have mixed feelings about that, today I proved that I am another kind of geek. I am a certified and proud-to-be-one official Band Geek.
I went to a VSO concert tonight - that's Vancouver Symphony Orchestra, and they played one of my favorite compositions of all time - George Gershwin's Rhapsody In Blue. It was phonemenal. Back when I was in high school I played that, some parts better than other, and not much of it up to speed. So watching the pianist took my breath away, and listening to the orchestra accompanying the soloist, who was also the conductor,left me speechless. Aside from the fact that you're not allowed to talk during a concert. But if we would have been allowed, I would have been speechless.
Besides the mass talent, I was also awed that they had six string basses.
Six.
Yes, I snuck in some photos.
I wonder, if Hollywood buys my next book to make a movie, maybe I can run away and join the orchestra with my bass...
Nah...
Maybe...
Yes. I could do that.
After all, I'm comfortable as a band geek.
My question for the thought of the day. If you could run away to follow a dream and be comfortable at it, what would you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment