Sunday, November 28, 2010

Angels in the Architecture

I don't want to say that Christmas is coming because I have only bought 1 present so far, and I haven't even picked it up yet, it's just ordered. But I guess avoiding the issue won't stop it from happening.

Many people think about angels at Christmas time, and I want to say that my concert band, well, not "my" band, but the concert band of which I am a member, we are performing at a concert this week. It's not about Christmas, but it is about angels.
Here's a link
http://www.theactmapleridge.org/Angels-in-the-Architecture

Something that is interesting about this is that the conductor and his wife recently went on a trip to Europe and they took photos that will be a slideshow as we're playing our feature selection, and it's of angels in old European archeticture. The band got an sneak preview last practice because when it's the concert we're supposed to be concentrating on our music, not sneaking peaks to the pictures that will be behind us.

I thought the perception of angels over the ages when man was capable of creating them as works of art was very intreiguing. Many of the angels were playing instruments, but sadly, none of them played upright double bass. I wonder why?

1 comment:

  1. I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

    God Bless You :-)

    ~Ron

    ReplyDelete